Nobody can be positive, enthusiastic and perky all the time and that’s a fact. If you know that type of person, I’m sure that he or she is hiding some feeling inside or not showing the real emotions behind a situation.
Sometimes when people face stressful situations or are having bad moments in their lives, they tend to complain or be negative towards other aspects in life. This is perfectly normal, Murphy will find his way to prove to you that if you’re doing badly in life at the moment, you’ll have to be prepared for the worst.
Many find themselves in a situation when they think that it can’t get worse than their current situation and guess what? It can and it will get worse, because negative thoughts attract negative situations and feelings.
So, if you have a friend or a family member who always complain about the hardships of life and the cruelty of life, you know what we are talking about. Those people can suck the positive energy out of you and fill you up with negative energy.
If you have this type of friend, it’s time to learn how to cope with their negativity or simply, maybe it’s time to get rid of those friends. How to recognize whether or not your friend is sucking your positive energy? It’s simple, those are the people who:
- Have problems all the time, are complaining all the time and don’t even want to try and find a solution to their problem (because whinnying is easier for them)
- Are “drama queens/kings” most of the time and you’ll hear them saying “I’m not pretty” or “My job is so exhausting and tiring”. So, even though these saying may not be true or are exaggerated, they are used to always complain and fish for attention.
- Can’t maintain a decent conversation, because they are preoccupied with complaining about the same problem over and over again. Yes, life is hard, yes, I’m not in the best place in my life, but please, let it go and carry a decent conversation, at least for a moment.
- Can’t be happy for other people’s success or happiness. They will somehow find a way to ruin your day, just because their day is not to their expectations. Finally, you find yourself listening to their problems, and your success and happiness can be flushed down the toilet.
Everyone complains nowadays. We all have those moments when we are feeling bad about ourselves or unhappy about a situation, however, the moment of complaining ends when you share those hardships with a friend and you got it out of your system.
If you go on and on about your problem, the problem will start ruling your life and therefore turn you in this bitter and complaining person that everybody is trying to ditch.
Replace Negativity with Positivity
It’s easily said than done, however positive thinking will attract positive things in your life, whereas negativity can trigger depression, low self-esteem as well as anxiety. The brain is the miraculous organ which is responsible for every function of our body, including emotions.
So, whenever we face similar situations or repetitive thinking, the neurons in the brain form a network and that network is likely to resemble the one of our previous experiences.
For instance, if you have focused most of the time on negative thoughts, criticism, putting people down, the brain may as well react to similar situations with the same emotions and feelings.
So, whenever you hear the saying that positive thinking is everything, believe it, because your brain functions in that way. You’re the only one responsible for your brain, you send signals and your brain reacts to those signals.
So, the next time you want to complain about a problem, think about possible solutions rather than complaining to your family and friends.
How to get rid of Negativity
- Is it worth it? You have to ask yourself the question, if the thing you’re complaining about is even worth mentioning. Be thankful and happy about the things you have rather than focusing on the things which are missing from your life.
- Let it go! This is more than a song you know? Try to accept your problem and solve it. If you can’t solve it, let it go. Life is too short to worry about negative things and negative people.
- Stop Complaining! If you catch yourself complaining about your problems in front of friends, try to help yourself by changing the topic or simply, encourage your friends to tell you something positive or interesting which may enlighten your day.
- Surround yourself with positive people. This is the only way you’ll be inspired to be grateful and positive. The more positive friends you have in your life, the happier you will be.
- Reminiscence about happy and positive moments in your life. In this way, you will send your brain signals to activate the “happy” neurons. Your problems will look ridiculous after a while, and you’ll feel happy and positive throughout the day.
- Make more of what makes you happy. If you have a hobby or a person that always gets the best of you, feel free to spend most of your time doing that activity or seeing that person. Many people find reading, relaxing and consider it as a positive experience rather than a waste of time. Try to focus on positive things and they will come back at you.
Latest posts by Simon Segal (see all)
- Best Secret Codes For Android Phones - Mar 22, 2017
- 12 Reasons Why Old Souls Have Such A Hard Time Finding Love - Mar 22, 2017
- These 4 Behaviors Are The Most Reliable Predictors Of Divorce - Mar 21, 2017