There are many reasons why people gamble, but the most common one is that they enjoy doing so. To many, a session at an online casino is like watching a movie on Netflix or a live telecast of a rugby game. The rugby match gives greater joy if the team you back wins in the end. In the same way, gambling is more fun when you are winning.
The cold mathematically-minded punters approach winning in a clinical way. They select casino games with the lowest house edge. It’s these that allow the gamblers to stack the odds in their favor against the casino. Then there are those that will ride their luck with a yellow kerchief in their pocket or an old horseshoe on their desk. Finally, you will find gamblers who need an immersive ambiance that provides positive energy and propels them to favorable outcomes. It is this third type that is the subject of this article and we take you through some of the prayers and rituals they follow.
A Magical Aura Works Wonders
There are many systems for bringing magical energies to your home, but the one most popular in contemporary times is Feng Shui.
Feng Shui and Gambling
Feng Shui is the Chinese system of creating harmonious surroundings that enhance the balance of yin and yang and bring positive results. It is a philosophy backed by centuries of experience and here we touch upon a few gambling-related issues.
- Locate your gambling den in the southeast corner of your home because that direction is the wealth sector. The color red is bad luck so make sure that there is nothing red in the room.
- If you wish to be flooded with lucky streaks then wear a jade ring, on the right hand for males and on the left hand for females. Never wear a ring on your thumb while gambling because it symbolizes losing wealth.
- According to Feng Shui, the most profitable time to gamble is between 6 pm and midnight. You can further fine-tune the period by checking a Feng Shui Geomancy Forecast.
Occidental Gambling Rituals
If you are not in tune with Asian mysticism, then you have an array of lucky gambling practices from the west.
- There is a number of formulations with which you should mop the floor of your gambling arena at home before you log on to your online casino. Some of the more popular ones are High John the Conqueror, Sandalwood Bath, Gamblers Big Al Wash and Winner Floor Wash. Try a few and see which creates the best aura of success.
- Then spray the room, especially the corners, for a quick dose of luck. Sandalwood spray and Espiritu de la Suerte perfume are what the expert gamblers use.
Oils and Perfumes Bring Luck to Gamblers
Gamblers use oils and perfumes in two different ways to bring them luck. We recommend their use on the skin because closeness is a surer way of inducing favorable outcomes. Alternatively, oils can be used to anoint candles, but keep the candles as close to you as possible. Some magic oils associated with gambling are Black Cat oil, Lucky Lottery oil, Has No Hanna oil, Winner oil, 7/11 oil and Chypre oil. Experts prefer to use the oils in conjunction with the Black Cat candle or Fast Cash Mojo candle to increase their strength.
Mojo Works for Gambling as Well
Mojo is the magical ability to influence results your way and is often said for men that can instantly charm women and for sportspersons that deliver unimaginable wins consistently. Gamblers can also have the mojo and beat the odds on a regular basis. For some, it comes naturally, but others can increase their mojo through the use of accessories.
Most gamblers use a mojo bag, but it needs to be personalized. You will have to determine what works best for you through a bit of trial and error. We know that many gamblers go for a green mojo bag, but it need not be the same for you. Find out what your lucky color is and use it for your mojo bag. Then you will need to fill your mojo bag with one or more good luck charms. Some items found in gambler mojo bags are old coins no longer in use, gemstone matching your zodiac sign, picture of a loved one and icon of your personal deity or saint.
Specific herbs and plants have often been associated with creating better moods. Many gamblers keep natural good luck charms, such as leaves and roots, in their mojo bags because these are perceived to have greater potency.
- Nutmeg Herb: Carve a hole in the nut, fill it with mercury and seal the opening using wax from a green candle.
- Queen of the Meadow Leaves: Add a pinch of these powerful leaves to your mojo bag. Another gambling ritual with Queen of the Meadow leaves is to make a body wash by soaking the leaves for seven days and adding the extract to your bathwater.
- High John the Conqueror: This is a famous voodoo root that can be carried in a mojo bag. For the greater effect, it should be anointed with Gamblers Oil or Winners Oil.
Filling the mojo bag with charms is not sufficient. You must dab the four corners with a magical oil or cologne every week to keep it powerful. You can use any of the ones mentioned earlier. If the odds are still not going your way, try dressing your mojo bag with the sachet powder.
Certain protocols have evolved in connection with mojo bags that gamblers should get acquainted with. It is essential that the bag is in contact with your skin for the first week because it needs to become accustomed to your scent. Tie it to a string looped around your neck and wear it under your shirt. After that keep it as close to you as possible. The mojo bag is your personal charm and it should not be shared with or touched by anyone else. This denudes it of its potency. Avid gamblers do not allow others to even see their mojo bags.
Patron Saints of Gambling
There are no direct patron saints of gambling, and understandably so, but a couple of entities are revered by gamblers.
Expedito was a Roman centurion who was martyred in CE 303 for converting to Christianity. He was venerated by the Catholic Church and over the centuries emerged as the patron saint who responded immediately to the call of his flock. This is exactly what gamblers facing an unlucky streak need and many look up to him to improve their luck.
Today there are San Expedito candles, perfumes and oils, but some of the more convenient options of seeking his help are given below.
- Wear a San Expedito medal around your neck or carry one in a mojo bag.
- Keep a San Expedito prayer card in your pocket when gambling. There is a specific prayer dedicated to the saint and you would do better to memorize and recite it before you start playing at your online casino.
Cayetano was canonized in 1671 as the patron saint of good fortune, which makes him an ideal icon for gamblers. He was born in a well-to-do family but gave away his fortune to help those who needed it. There are no set rituals for supplication to Saint Cayetano, but similar ones to those for San Expedito can be followed.
You Have to Believe
We would not recommend these rituals to gamblers that do not believe in the supernatural or in the power of prayer. Unless you are immersed heart and soul into these practices good luck on the casino tables will not follow.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.