This world will always find a way to put you down. People will always criticize you. No matter what you do or how perfect you are, there will always be someone who will disapprove of everything you do.
But you have a choice. The trick is to not let that affect you.
You can either give them control over you by letting them hurt your feelings or you can just stand up for yourself and tell them that you are not going to apologize for who you truly are. It is up to you.
These are 10 things you should never ever say “I am sorry” for:
1. Making yourself a number one priority in your life. No one, I repeat no one has the right to tell you what to do with your life. Also, no one decides who you choose to prioritize. Your self-care should always be on top. You don’t owe an explanation to anyone.
2. Following your path and working on your dreams. If being ambitious and hard working is what gives you joy in life then you should do it. Don’t let anyone make you feel sorry for focusing on your journey and making the most of your life.
3.Who you date or sleep with. This is absolutely no one’s business but yourself. Who you choose to share your bed with is your personal choice. Don’t ever let anyone convince you otherwise.
4. Making time for yourself. No one will do it if you don’t. Taking the time to nurture your soul and spoil your body is essential if you want to have a happy life. Anyone who tells you that you are selfish doesn’t deserve to be in your life. Self-love is an essential part of our lives.
5. Expressing your innermost feelings. Don’t ever let someone emotion-shame you. This is a big thing. Your emotions are a big part of you. They define you as a person. You shouldn’t feel embarrassed and afraid to express them whenever you feel like it.
6. What you do for a living and how you earn your money. It doesn’t matter what you do for a living as long as you feel emotionally and mentally happy with where you are with your life. Whatever gets you up in the morning, makes your eye sparkle and heart shines bright is worth doing.
7. Your lifestyle. Your diet, what you wear, what you prefer to eat, who you date, what you like are your personal choices. You have the right to enjoy them as much as you like. If someone has a problem with that, they should take it up with themselves.
8. Your past mistakes and experiences. What’s done is done. What happened in the past is gone. Time cannot be reversed, and experiences cannot be erased. Accept that fact and don’t apologize for doing the things you had to do.
9. Your opinions, no matter how different and peculiar they are. This one is a given. Your opinions shape you. They are you. Why would you say you are sorry for something that you truly believe in? People need to learn to respect others without agreeing with them. And you need to learn that apologizing for who you are is not going to make people like you.
10. Wanting more in life. Striving for more means that you are working on yourself. That you have goals that you wish to fulfill. I see nothing wrong with that. Others can say whatever they want. In the end, it is your opinion that matters the most to you.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/