Listen to me.
We’re all going through the same difficulties in life.
But if you are not happy with where your relationship is headed, that doesn’t mean that it is all over. You shouldn’t give up that easily.
I know that every connection is a different story, but as a true fighter for love, I like to believe that there is no issue that cannot be resolved if the two sides work together.
That said, I would like to share with you what worked for me and my partner. I hope that this helps you find some common ground and salvage your relationship:
1. Be open with each other and communicate. Communication is the key to a successful and thriving relationship. And one of the worst possible things you can do is leave your partner without actually talking about the issues you are going through.
2. Try therapy for a change. If you cannot find a way to meet each other halfway and openly talk about your relationship, there’s always counseling. You may not believe in therapy, but once you try you will be surprised at how helpful it is to talk to someone who is completely objective on the subject.
3. Start saying YES more often. If things aren’t the way they’re supposed to be, try being a bit more positive about the whole situation. Change your routine. Get out of your comfort zone. Say yes to adventures and things that you’ve never imagined yourself doing.
4. Release yourself from all the negative memories. Promise each other that you will let go of everything that is weighing you down and then do that. Start with a clean slate and allow yourself to feel those amazing butterflies in your stomach. Forget the negativity and try to work things out.
5. Have patience. It’s one thing to talk about the issues with your partner and a completely another to actually see the changes happening. You cannot expect your partner to immediately transform into a different person. You have to be patient with them. Allow them to reflect on themselves, analyze their own actions and start making the initial steps.
6. Set goals for your relationship. Communication is important indeed, but it is not the only thing that a relationship requires. Instead of only talking about it, try setting certain goals for your future. Start doing more things together. Whether it’s exercising, dancing, hiking or any other activity you enjoy, spending more time together will help you reconnect faster.
7. Stop trying to plan everything and do something spontaneous and unpredictable for once. Remember how fun life was when you weren’t so obsessed with planning your entire weeks and months beforehand? Well, why don’t you do that more often? We are all following certain routines in life. Knowing how to maintain a balance and live life at the moment is what matters the most.
8. Leave your phones aside when you are together. When you are spending time together, be together. Don’t let technology distract you. Disconnect yourself from the virtual life and pay attention to your partner.
9. Book a trip somewhere new and get lost. We are always busy, tired or broke. Making excuses is our strongest suit. Well, to hell with it. You only get one life. Why would you let it pass away just like that?
Make time for yourself and book a trip to a place that you’ve never been to. Get lost and find yourself. Surrender yourself to the adventure and reignite the fire in your souls.
10. Work on yourself. Whatever you do, don’t ever forget to look at yourself in the mirror. For it is only when we become the best versions of ourselves that we can start to create better relationships as well.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/