Have you ever felt like you don’t belong in this century? I sure have. Some of you out there might be too young to get the clue but just ask your parents and grandparents. I’m sure you’ve heard all about that charming black’n’white era. Those old and faded photographs with your grandpa being quite the perfect gentleman and granny as this alluring vintage beauty. Ahh.. Those were some days. If you ask me, I’d definitely trade some of 2019 for the golden 70’s. At least for a day. If there’s something significant about these old times is their true authenticity. People valued sincerity and honesty, their music remained a brilliant classic up until today and will stay forever, but most importantly dating was a special event and included some fine, sophisticated methods. So, what if there’s a way to try and change today’s monotonous dating habits? I’m thinking more affection and attention, classy gentlemen, doors held open, some flowers maybe? If I managed to pique your interest by now, it’s because there are some old dating habits I believe we need to bring back. Let’s do this!
1. Go up and ask her out on a date
Once and for all let’s put a stop to “hanging out”. Boys, if you want to go out on a date with that special girl, just ask her out directly. Being upfront about your feelings and affections reduces the chance of you ending up in that awful place. Friendzone, was it?
2. Dress up nicely What’s with modern trends? For the love of God, people, put some effort into your look. Believe me, clothing style speaks so much about you. I’m not saying be 100% formal and sharp-dressed, but occasionally wear that special t-shirt or dress that you’ve been saving for special moments. Trust me, you won’t go unnoticed. Check this website if you are looking for fancy shoes such as platform mary janes.
3. Bring a small gift or flowers It’s really not the gift that matters, but the thought that you actually cared enough to do something meaningful. Whether if its flowers carefully picked up from your mom’s garden or her favorite chocolate, it’s the ultimate romantic gesture.
4. Go dancing instead of raving I don’t know about you, but there’s something about these modern-day mainstream clubs that sickens me. People seem like they are not enjoying themselves. Luckily, there are still some rare gems that can be found where you can have some FUN. Pick a special night to go out dancing. Let’s bring retro back and do dancing a thing again!
5. Put away your phone First of all, it’s very disrespectful to the person sitting next to you. I’ve seen those tedious couples constantly staring at their cell phones while having a “romantic” dinner. Please don’t EVER turn into them!
6. Open the car door for her Of course, this isn’t a MUST, but it shows a great deal of respect.
7. Be honest about your intentions Going through that talk about where your relationship is headed can be a bit awkward, especially if you are in the early phases. Word of advice: never avoid it. It’s always wise to be clear about your intentions. Are we onto something or this is just another meaningless fling?
8. Take her on a romantic night out I’m guessing you already have your dating routine by now. Why not try and mix things a little bit? Make a reservation at that fancy new restaurant she likes and surprise her.
9. Don’t expect sex on the first date Analyze carefully before you make this move. The thing is, you’ll sometimes come across some easy prey, but when there’s a lady in the picture, please, take it slow. Every step counts, so be a gentleman and don’t rush her on this.
10. Say “I love you” only when you mean it People nowadays don’t care about your feelings. Don’t go around and scatter these words like they’re some kind of a trash. Let’s bring back the true meaning of words. Say them only when you feel that way. That’s when their power is revealed.
11. Remember the things that make her happy The small things that make her truly happy. Like going to the premiere of her favorite movie, remembering what kind of drink she orders, listening to that special song she’s been humming the past week, respecting and actually enjoying her music preference. I could go on like this forever… Don’t forget these things.
12. Always be on time Last but not least. It’s rude and disrespectful to be late, especially on one of the first dates. Be the perfect gent and arrive even 10 minutes earlier.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/