We are all guilty of procrastinating from time to time. Whether we’re avoiding doing a certain task because we find it unpleasant, difficult, or just boring, we somehow always manage to come up with tons of reasons as to why not do the task today.
By postponing fulfilling a task until later, i.e. tomorrow, next week, or next month, we always drive ourselves crazy as we end up having to do a bunch of things all in one day.
If you’re like me, i.e. you have a habit of procrastinating, then you understand well how irritating and stressful this can sometimes be.
I don’t know what kind of things you usually postpone doing, but I’m perfectly well aware of the things I’m supposed to do, but I don’t, since I’m always procrastinating.
Here they are:
1. I have tons of clothes that are waiting for me to iron, but as you can guess, I’m always busy doing other “more important” things than that.
2. A couple of weeks ago, I found an interesting recipe in a cookbook, and I’ve been desperately wanting to make it, but, you know, why bother trying it today – I can do that next week.
3. My watch hasn’t been working for a while now, but I’m always “forgetting” to take it to a watch repair shop to have it fixed.
4. A couple of letters have been sitting on my desk for a week, ready to be sent, and I really can’t tell for how long they’ll still have to sit there.
5. I started going to the gym last week, and I’m supposed to go there 4 times a week. But, hey, it’s not a big deal if I only visit it twice a week, right?
6. Every time I watch TV and have to go out with my friends or go shopping, I always choose to stay at home and watch a little bit more TV, and, after an hour – there I am – fast asleep. And as for my friends or the shopping – well, they can wait.
7. My laptop has been making strange noise for 2 weeks now, but as it still works – I haven’t checked it yet.
8. Sometimes I get so lazy that when I have to attend a wedding or another important celebration, I even postpone doing my make-up or buying a gift, and, of course, I always get there late.
9. For a long time, I’ve been thinking about taking a German course, and I’ve even started putting money aside, but “I simply can’t find the time.”
10. One of the things that I really need to focus on in my life now is my master thesis. But, you know – “I can’t find the time to do that either.”
11. Sometimes I find myself thinking whether I’ve left a dress or a coat at the dry cleaner since perhaps I’ve forgotten to pick it up.
12. And when it comes to my dishes, well, I don’t want to talk about that at all.
13. I need to make a dentist appointment, but I simply can’t find the time to squeeze this into my hectic schedule.
14. You have no idea how much I want to start jogging. But, sleeping until noon always appears like a more important priority for me.
15. It’s not easy to admit this, but sometimes I’m so lazy to prepare my own dinner that I immediately convince myself that this is the most effective way to lose weight, am I right?
Riley Cooper is a professional writer who writes informative and creative articles on topics related to various fields of study. Written with love and enthusiasm, her articles inspire readers to broaden their knowledge of the world, think and get ready to act. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/