How many times have you thought to yourself: “If only I could turn back time, I would …” How many hours have you spent regretting the opportunities you lost, the bad decisions you made, the relationships you broke off, the friendships you lost, the lies you said?
Yes, we have all had such moments. But, isn’t life already difficult enough? Why waste time regretting having done something or not having done something that we should have?
If you’re in your 20s – the most amazing decade of your life, and you don’t want to regret them, here are 20 uncomfortable changes you need to make:
1. Stop worrying about other people’s opinions of you.
2. Always take responsibility for your own mistakes and wrongdoings.
3. Stop trying to please everyone around you.
4. Don’t waste time overthinking and overanalyzing every situation in your life.
5. Stop being afraid to speak up and stand up for yourself when others are criticizing you and treating you badly.
6. Always state your opinion clearly and loudly no matter how different it is from that of other people.
7. Ask yourself if you’re the person that you wanted to be when you grow up. And if you’re not that person, work towards that goal until you fulfill it.
8. Live your life fully and enjoy the present moment, instead of posting photos and statuses about it on social media.
9. Learn to forgive no matter how badly someone has hurt you.
10. Learn to distinguish between the most important priorities and the least important ones in your life.
11. Let go of those who make you feel emotionally and mentally drained and take away your happiness, no matter how much you love them.
12. Stop wasting your time on unimportant, useless things.
13. Give up the habits you know are bad for your health.
14. Accept the fact that stressing out, flying off the handle, and feeling rage whenever something doesn’t go the way you planned or whenever someone hurts your feelings will never do you good and help you become the person you want to be.
15. Learn how to find pleasure even in the things you don’t like doing.
16. Listen to others when they talk to you with the intention of understanding what they have to say, not with the intention of reacting to what they say.
17. Start spending less time on social media and spend more time with the people who truly love you and care about you.
18. Learn how to say no to things you don’t want to do, and say it with confidence.
19. Learn to accept the truth even when it’s harsh and painful.
20. Accept the fact that your happiness and sense of fulfillment don’t depend on anyone.
Riley Cooper is a professional writer who writes informative and creative articles on topics related to various fields of study. Written with love and enthusiasm, her articles inspire readers to broaden their knowledge of the world, think and get ready to act. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/