How many times have you thought to yourself: “If only I could bring back time?” Yes, we’ve all been there. We have all had those difficult days when we spent hours regretting something we did in the past.
We’ve racked our brains thinking about and blaming ourselves for all our mistakes, failures, failed relationships, and lost opportunities to speak our mind and stand up for ourselves.
But, isn’t life already tough enough? So, why waste our time and energy thinking about all the things that could’ve been done in a different way? You can’t take time back and change what has already happened. But what you can still do is start making a change from today.
If you want to become your best self and live your life to the fullest, doing all or most of the following 21 difficult things will help you achieve that. And, yes, don’t doubt that they’ll ensure you don’t regret even a second of your life.
Are you ready? Okay, let’s start:
1. Ask yourself whether you are the person you’ve always wanted to be. Ask yourself if you’re where you’ve always wanted to be in life. If you still aren’t there, keep working hard and investing in yourself until you get there.
3. Pluck up the courage to hold on to the things that truly matter to you. Never let other people’s opinions affect your likes and dislikes.
4. Think about what things add value and meaning to your life and let go of those that don’t have this effect and that are only standing in the way to your happiness and success.
5. Never allow your negative, strong emotions to get the best of you. Learn how to control your fears and anger and find a way to overcome your insecurities and whatever is bothering you.
6. Make sure you enjoy your life and relationships with others, be that romantic or otherwise, in reality, not in the virtual world – on social media.
7. Instead of talking bad things behind someone’s back and spreading lies about others, engage in meaningful conversations. Talk about topics that can affect your life positively and make other people’s lives better. Small talk and gossip will never bring you any good.
8. Show genuine interest in other people’s opinions, ideas, likes, and dislikes. They’re as important as yours.
9. Learn to love every part of the person you see when you look in the mirror. Having imperfections or a pound more won’t take your value away from you. So, learn to accept and love yourself the way you are.
10. Always pay attention to the way you treat others. Be patient, kind, and compassionate even with those who have done you wrong or hurt your feelings. Carrying feelings of resentment and anger within yourself and holding grudges against someone will never do you any good.
11. Make sure you give yourself enough time and space to gather your thoughts, think about your plans and decisions, explore your opportunities, and, of course, relax. Having a me time doesn’t make you selfish. It’s something that everyone should practice.
12. Don’t wait for the love of your life. He/she won’t magically appear at your door. Instead, go out in the world and find them yourself.
13. Spend your money wisely. Don’t buy things you’re not sure whether you like them and things you don’t really need. If you have some extra money, donate it to someone who really needs it.
14. Ask people to always tell you the truth, no matter how hard or painful it might be and no matter how afraid you feel to face it. It’s always better to be told the truth than being lied to.
15. Don’t willfully ignore your problems and the things that make you feel uncomfortable or upset or even cause you pain. Instead, pay close attention to and learn from them. There’s always a valuable lesson you can gain from them.
16. Having a lot of money, possessions, and trophies doesn’t make you a happier or better person. It’s what you carry in your heart and what you do to improve yourself that determines your happiness and worth.
17. Take responsibility for your own mistakes and bad actions. Don’t shift the blame onto others.
18. Create your own home. Whether that would be with your parents, partner, or alone, it doesn’t matter – just don’t let other people’s opinions affect your choice.
19. Be willing to sacrifice your own happiness and needs for the happiness of the people you love.
20. Read actual printed books. Sometimes the Internet can’t provide you with the valuable knowledge they can.
21. Find the purpose of your life.
Riley Cooper is a professional writer who writes informative and creative articles on topics related to various fields of study. Written with love and enthusiasm, her articles inspire readers to broaden their knowledge of the world, think and get ready to act.