There’s something all of us need to comprehend. Life is moving too fast. It doesn’t wait for no one. Sadly, as result, some of us often lose track of where they were initially headed and where they’re right now.
But, the truth is we all get lost every now and then. The only trick is to find your way back. To face the obstacles head-on. To accept the fact that you’re headed towards a destination you dislike, and then to find the strength and courage to implement the essential changes and transform your life from its very core.
Here are 21 small, but powerful steps that will make you a different person in a year from now:
1. Write down your goals at the start of every month.
2. Read at least one new book per month. Make that a habit. Increase your knowledge and let your imagination run wild.
3. Track those envisioned goals and follow your progress throughout the year. Write down what you’ve accomplished, what was easy for you and what was an obstacle. But, be honest with yourself about how far you’ve gotten.
4. Pick one day of the week and dedicate it to a full body detoxication.
5. Focus on the person next to you and put your phone on silent. Let the conversation flow without your phones interrupting it with the unnecessary notifications. Be there. Enjoy the moment.
6. When you’re in pain, or you feel like you’re on the verge of a mental breakdown, don’t hesitate to talk to someone about it. Even if it’s something ‘trivial’, or something ‘small’. Share your fears and pain with your close ones. Don’t hold it in.
7. Do your best to understand other people. Be considerate of their emotions.
8. Be brave and say yes to something you’ve never tried before. Say yes to something that scares you, something that takes you out of your comfort zone and challenges you like a detoxification.
9. Start a diary and write every single thought that flows through your mind. Keep in mind that no one will ever find that and read it. Use it as a safe place where you can get your thoughts out of your head and put them on a piece of paper.
10. Don’t run away from your emotions. Identify them in a way you’ve never dared before. Address them and name each and every one of them. This way, you’ll find it easier to handle them every time you feel an emotional outburst coming.
11. Listen more than you talk. No matter how much you fail, never stop trying until you make it work.
12. Consider sleep like an absolute necessity and a number one priority on your list. Don’t be proud of how little you’re getting, but instead do your best to give yourself a break. You deserve it.
13. Pay attention to anything else but your phone before sleep. It doesn’t matter if it’s the ceiling, your pet, the wall or your partner, as long as it’s not your screen.
14. Pay attention to everything that gives you energy and helps you work more effectively. Is it music? Do you need an open window to function? Or is it the smell of a fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of fruits? Find your motivating force you and stick to it.
15. Don’t be embarrassed to talk to strangers. Sometimes the ones who seem like they have nothing to say, turn out to be the ones who awake something in you and change your life from its core.
16. Listen to meditative sounds whenever you need to study or simply take a break from reality.
17. When you finally choose to relax and detach yourself from everything around you, make sure to fully commit yourself to it. Isolate yourself both mentally and emotionally and focus on that peaceful, present moment. Don’t check emails, don’t reply to messages, don’t do anything.
18. Stop following the trends. Wear whatever you like, whatever makes you feel like nice, whatever makes you comfortable and whatever screams “This is ME”. Whatever your style is, don’t be afraid to express it.
19. Open your email once you get it. Go through the messages, answer what needs to be answered and delete what needs to be deleted. Do it right away.
20. Tell the people around you how happy you are to have them in your life. Tell them how much they inspire you. Tell them you’re here for them. Tell them you’re thankful for them. Tell them how proud you are of them. Don’t be shy when it comes to your emotions.
21. Take a look at your past and think about where you were 3 years ago and where you are now. Think about everything you said you’ll achieve and everything you actually did achieve. Let this be an even bigger inspiration for your next journey. Keep moving forward and never stop striving for a better future.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/