Be that our parents, our family members, our best friend, or our partner, we all have someone who has always been there for us to protect, help, love, guide, and inspire us to become a better version of ourselves. And for that they undeniably deserve our gratitude.
They’ve been happy for and praised you when you were at your highest and stood by your side and gave their best to lift you up when you were at your lowest.
Yet, due to the fact that we’re used to always having them around and that we often get caught up in the hectic pace of life, we often forget to tell them how grateful we are for everything they’ve done for us.
I believe the list of things you’re grateful for to your person is long, but I’ve tried to compile a list of the 25 most important things you should thank your person for.
So, make sure you tell them:
1. Thank you for showing me what genuine happiness feels like.
2. Thank you for always being patient with and considerate to me.
3. Thank you for having an understanding of my problems and not leaving me to deal with them on my own.
4. Thank you for putting up with me, especially when I get nervous and cranky (usually for no good reason).
5. Thank you for accepting me for who I am – with all my faults, quirks, insecurities, failures, and problems, and for always believing in me.
6. Thank you for always looking for the good in me even at times when I can’t see it myself.
7. Thank you for motivating me to pursue my goals and passions.
8. Thank you for always being honest with me and telling me the truth even when I don’t want to hear it.
9. Thank you for respecting my opinions, ideas, and decisions and never judging me.
10. Thank you for helping me overcome my insecurities and deepest fears.
11. Thank you for staying by my side when times got tough.
12. Thank you for giving me hope and encouraging me to look on the bright side.
13. Thank you for inspiring me to be the best version of myself.
14. Thank you for having the patience to listen to me when I complain about everyone and everything.
15. Thank you for keeping my secrets and having trust in me to share yours with me as well.
16. Thank you for making the ordinary moments extraordinary and unforgettable.
17. Thank you for the laughs and for often being the reason for my moments of happiness.
18. Thank you for reminding me of my worth, abilities, and mental strength.
19. Thank you for being proud of me and making me proud of myself too.
20. Thank you for telling me when I am wrong.
21. Thank you for making me feel important and appreciated.
22. Thank you for all the times we have fun together. I enjoy spending time with you, whether at home or out. Those are moments I’ll always remember and carry in my heart.
23. Thank you for showing interest in the things I like doing and that matter to me.
24. Thank you for opening yourself up to me.
25. Thank you for being a part of my life and being MY PERSON.
If you have anything to add, feel free to share with us in the comments section below.
Riley Cooper is a professional writer who writes informative and creative articles on topics related to various fields of study. Written with love and enthusiasm, her articles inspire readers to broaden their knowledge of the world, think and get ready to act.