I’m sure you have noticed that when you are feeling positive, not only do you feel better, but you will also have noticed that things actually go better for you as well.
Think of the mornings when you get up feeling grumpy and end up with everything going wrong all day.
Other days you get up feeling on top of the world and the day goes swimmingly!
This is no accident.
This is the Law of Attraction in action!
Well this fantastic phenomenon can even be enhanced and used to your advantage on a daily basis.
The trick is to think about how you want your day to be, then set your intention for what you want! Easy!
I remember a couple of years ago I was feeling really uninspired about my work in my shop – I was actually beginning to hate going there each day.
My takings were down and the whole thing seemed pointless and I was just over it. I noticed that I was in a very negative space, very focused on how I didn’t want things to be! It was time to get myself together!
So I spent a few minutes sitting quietly before going in each morning setting my intention to have pleasant, friendly interactions with happy people who would love all my products and want to purchase them.
I would just sit and imagine how lovely all this would be, and then off I went to work.
Well…. I found I not only enjoyed each day much more but within a week I noticed that my daily takings were up and by the time 2 weeks had passed there was a significant increase! Very worthwhile for a few minutes spent setting my intention!
So to get you started here are some simple tips.
- Begin by writing down the things that irk you.
- Turn them round to the opposite – what you do want. For example assume you have written something like “I don’t want to be stuck in a traffic jam”. This could become “I will travel in smoothly flowing traffic”, or maybe “I hate that I always ague with John” could become “I look forward to listening to John and encouraging him” Get the picture?
- Make up a little story about how you want the day to be. It is a good idea to break the day into segments, work/leisure/family time etc. and stop at the end of each segment to plan for the next one.
- Allow yourself to feel the joy of things being how you would like. Now focus on what you want and if you find you have slipped back into negative mode simply take a few deep breaths and refocus.
- Play games with your friends or family. This is actually one of the best ways of making yourself happy. You can play any type of game but the one I actually do enjoy playing a lot is the truth or dare questions game. The guys at Sociotelligence did a pretty nice job of compiling the best truth and dares.
This may take a little time and seem difficult at first but with practice becomes 2nd nature.
At first it is helpful to write your thoughts down as suggested, but you will find that once you have been doing this for a week or so, all you will need to do is just sit quietly and refocus.
Be sure to pay particular attention on those days when you “get out of bed on the wrong side!”
The rewards are certainly worth the effort!