Listen up! Life isn’t always about pink skies and fairytales. Whoever told you that, clearly lives in a glass bubble. So, here’s what.
I am going to be honest with you. The truth hurts but makes you wiser and better in the long run. I know that the best way to learn something is by experiencing it, but I feel that you need to know these 8 harsh truths about life.
1. Nobody is that busy. Everything is about their priorities. Get that in your pretty little head. The next time someone says they are busy, know that they probably have more important things to do. It sucks I know, but it’s the truth.
2.No matter how kind, genuine and honest someone is, they will always care about their needs more than yours. Everyone has their own best interests at heart. Including you. You may not admit that out loud, but deep down the person you most care about is yourself. If you ask me, that is not selfish. It is called self-care and it is something that all of us should start practicing.
3. You cannot please everyone. No matter what you do, or how hard you try to fulfill every person’s desire, you will never do it. It is impossible to make everyone happy. So, stop doing that. Stop wasting your precious time on other people. Focus on what pleases you. In the end, you are the only person that you can truly rely on.
4. This world doesn’t owe you anything. And it certainly isn’t the reason for your failures. You may be the coolest, most hard-working and most interesting person in the whole world, but if you aren’t doing much to put those traits to use, you are entitled to nothing for simply possessing them. This world doesn’t owe you anything. You have to give in order to receive.
5. It’s your actions that define you. Not your thoughts. You can have the best idea about stopping climate change, or world hunger, but if you don’t start implementing it and being an example to others, it is all for nothing. Your thoughts can’t do much. But your actions? Believe me, if they are effective enough, they can move mountains.
6.No one is going to save your life. No one is going to come into your life and solve all of your problems. That’s your job, your responsibility. So, don’t expect people to give a damn about your life. Everyone is busy taking care of their own things. I suggest you do the same.
7. Complaining that you don’t have the time to do something is not an excuse. It’s not the time that is restricting you from pursuing your dreams, it is you and your choices. You decide what you give your energy to. You decide who you are going to give a piece of your time to. You decide what your priorities are.
8. Some people will love you and some will hate you. You can be the nicest person on Earth, and there are still going to be people who can’t stand you. But that shouldn’t alarm you. We are all different and that’s fine. The sooner you realize that the better off you’ll be.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/