Being alone is frowned upon. It is considered as this miserable, lonely phase in life from which one must always stay away. It has always been like that.
You find a partner, you spend a few, amazing years, but after a while, you change, and you no longer find pleasure in walking the same road. You split and suddenly you are alone. It feels sad and lonely, but deep down you know that you’ve made the right decision. Deep down you know that it will take you some time to overcome the pain, but eventually, you will be fine.
Still, whatever you do, you cannot avoid noticing the way everyone looks at you. They look at you with pity in their eyes. They feel sorry for you. What’s even worse, they try to find ways to help you out and hook you up with someone better for you.
The truth is, no matter how much you try to tell people how you feel, they will always label you. Society is built on stereotypes like these. However, there is always something you can do about all of this.
The key is in not giving a damn what others think of you. Yes, it is as simple as that.
Here are 9 incredible things that you will experience once you start cherishing being alone:
1. You will recharge your batteries. Let’s face it, being around people all the time can be mentally draining at times. No matter how much we love someone, there is no better therapy than sitting quietly by yourself and having a chat with your thoughts.
2. You will find your true self. Embracing singlehood will help you focus on yourself and think about who you are and what you want from life. This period will be the stepping stone to your dream life.
3. You will reflect more often. Being single gives you the opportunity and time for self-refection. Just think about it. This phase of your life will help you shut your loud insecurities and listen to what your heart has to say. This will be your best “me-time” since you are not spending a lot of time worrying about someone else’s feelings.
4. You will focus on doing what makes you happy. Ending a relationship that you no longer find uplifting will be your stepping stone to a better life. Being single will give you an opportunity to start doing the things that make your heart sing. For the first time in your life, you will see what it is like to make a decision on your own.
5. You will become more productive and more creative. Being free to finally decide without having to think whether your decision will affect someone else will finally give you the freedom to follow the path to your wildest dreams. Singlehood will give you the courage to be the person you’ve always wanted to be. Freedom will stimulate your productivity and imagination.
6. You will finally get a taste of independence. For the first time in your life, you will finally get to see what it feels like to completely rely on yourself. It sounds scary, but there is nothing more beautiful than that, I assure you. Learning how to live independently will give you the strength to accomplish your wildest dreams.
7. You will stop worrying about making everyone happy. Because your primary focus will be yourself. You will finally realize that you cannot spend your life on making everyone happy. Singlehood will open your eyes and make you realize that you should always be first on your priority list. Because if you don’t take care of yourself, no one will.
8. You will stop apologizing for everything. When you finally accept being alone as this precious phase in your life, you will quickly understand that you don’t owe anyone explanation for the things that you’ve. Being alone will give you the courage to stand up for yourself and defend your opinions, no matter how different they may be.
9. You will stop asking for validation. You will no longer be interested in getting an OK from people. Being alone will help you understand that only you know what’s best for you.
A professional writer with many years of experience in the fields of psychology, human relationships, science, and spirituality. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/