Diabetes is a chronic disease that holds its grip on more than 400 million people worldwide. The World Health Organization reports that it has been estimated that 422 million people were affected by diabetes in 2014 and the number is rising rapidly.
This disease is not a joke, as it is the major cause of kidney failure, blindness, stroke, heart attacks, and lower limb amputation. The WHO also predicts that diabetes will be the 7th leading cause of death in 2030.
Its consequences can be however delayed or completely avoided by leading a special diet, doing physical activity, along with taking proper medication and going to regular checkups and treatments for complications.
Now, Dr. Jaime Dy-Liacco, doctor of Metabolic Medicine in the Philippines, claims to have found a solution which can help in the fight against diabetes and that may as well prove to be a cure for the same.
Dr. Dy-Liacco states that the underlying cause for diabetes is not the high sugar levels in the blood, but rather the deficiency of important minerals in our body. He claims that if the body is supplied with the essential minerals needed, one can function much more normally.
Based on his conclusions, he created a recipe for people who suffer from diabetes which can be prepared in 5 minutes. This drink can help the person supply the body with the needed minerals and be able to fight diabetes more efficiently.
For this recipe, the main ingredient is (believe it or not) Chili peppers. We did some research to find out why exactly he chose Chili peppers as the main ingredient, and we found some very interesting information:
- Calcium and Phosphorus are essential for strong bones and teeth;
- Copper is needed for the creation of red blood cells and the health of the nerve cells and the immune system;
- Iron is responsible for the distribution of oxygen throughout the body;
- Magnesium is needed for the functioning of every organ in the body, especially the heart, muscles and kidneys;
- Manganese helps in the formation of connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors and sex hormones;
- Phosphorus also helps in filtering out waste in the kidneys;
- Selenium is an antioxidant that helps fight damaging particles in the body known as free radicals; and last but definitely not least –
- Zinc plays an important role in the immune system, growth, reproduction, vision, taste, and smell, blood clotting, and proper insulin and thyroid function.
Chili peppers also contain a high amount of Vitamin C, which is important for maintaining the integrity of blood vessels, skin, organs and bones. Diabetes directly affects the blood vessels and it indirectly affects the skin. It also poses a great threat on the heart and the kidneys. So, in short, Vitamin C is indeed needed.
Bearing in mind that the nerves are also badly affected by diabetes, the Vitamin B group is essential for their healing and protection, especially Vitamins B1 and B6. Concerning eyesight, riboflavin has been shown to be effective with the prevention and treatment of certain eye problems.
The ingredients for the recipe and the procedure are simple:
- 12 pieces of Chili Peppers
- 2 raw eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
Cut and grind the chili peppers;
Combine with the raw eggs;
Add the salt;
Try to get organic free-range eggs, as you will need to use them regularly.
The ingredients are completely natural, so it’s perfectly safe to assume that you can take this drink daily. However, be careful not to cause problems to your stomach with all that spiciness. Perhaps taking something to protect the stomach walls beforehand would be a good idea.
We strongly recommend consulting your doctor before deciding whether this could be a suitable supplement. We do not encourage the replacement of current medications with the above mentioned drink and we strongly recommend caution.
Curious Mind Magazine does not make any claims and only reports the statements of the sources involved.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from psychology, to all sorts of disciplines such as science and news.