Meditation is an inherent part of the lives of many people today. For those that choose to take up meditation as a matter of routine, it helps them to relax their mind, body and spirit. Especially during days when life becomes very stressful, it’s through meditation that you can clear your mind of whatever is troubling you. To add to the power of meditation, you may also want to use stones.
For the purpose of meditation, stones can also be referred to as crystals. Using these as you meditate can help deepen your focus, cleanse and purify your thoughts and emotions, and facilitate your inner journey to explore your deepest being. Thereby, your spiritual level, along with your awareness, can help bring rich insights to your quiet time.
There are many other benefits that you can gain from using these stones when you meditate, like the following:
- It Helps To Clear Your Mind And Put It In A Meditative State
One of the common challenges faced by those who meditate these days is a general lack of focus. Especially if you have a hectic schedule and it’s difficult for you to find space and time for some undisturbed peaceful introspection, you will need whatever assistance it is that you can get to clear your mind and put it in a meditative state.
Stones work well for this purpose, particularly the following:
- Quartz crystal stones, which can be programmed for your particular meditative intention. These help to bring clarity to your mind and enable you to become more focused, making them ideal for meditation.
- Palm stones, which are great to use even for those individuals who have just started with meditation. These are also helpful in fostering a sense of calm.
- Selenite stones, enable you to clear your mind and relax your body. They have healing properties that facilitate the release of negative energy from your system.
- Clear quartz, also known as the master healer because of the ability to magnify the body’s natural energies. This is one of the best stones that you can use to filter out any distraction that you may have around you.
- Amethyst, also known as the stone of spirituality and contentment. This is one of the stones that has a special soothing effect when used during meditation.
- It Brings You Closer To Your Intention For Meditation
The choice of stones that you use is largely dependent on your intention for taking up meditation. As various stones serve different purposes, you can select the ones whose special qualities bring you closer to the specific intention you have for meditation. Some meditate for health, for healing, for spiritual purposes, and others do so to achieve peace and clarity in their life. Connecting with the energy flowing through crystals helps to amplify the benefits of meditation, and brings you closer to your purpose for engaging in it. For instance, if you wish to relax and attain emotional stability, then you should choose a stone suitable for that purpose.
A magical quality of crystals and stones is that they possess a unique innate frequency which interacts with the natural energy field of your mind. The heightened state of awareness that you can achieve with the help of stones allows you to realize your aspirations, such as love and acceptance or self-reflection.
But for you to enjoy the best of the benefits that meditating with stones can bring, it’s very important that you make the correct choice while selecting them. Otherwise, no matter how strong or accurately-paired the stone is with your intention, you simply won’t be able to achieve what you have set out to accomplish. Some useful guidelines are as follows:
- Choose stones that have certain special qualities, such as raising your level of consciousness as you meditate, and those that also have the ability to protect and amplify your entire meditation experience.
- Choose stones that also possess the properties that are most relevant to that which you wish to achieve.
- Choose the stones that foster a calm mind and environment, to ensure that you gain the best effects from your meditation.
- If you wish, you can also choose to use various stones altogether, so that you can better amplify each of the energy levels of the stones.
- It Can Help To Activate The Higher Chakras
Once you get the hang of meditation, you will also want to have the ability to invoke higher states. The key to this is to cleanse the higher chakras or stones during meditation. When you’re able to do this, these chakras become activated.
In order to reach this stage, pay close attention to which chakra colors and symbols appeal to you the most, as they will likely allow you to discover your higher self.
Meditating with stones means that you’ll be able to connect with the different metaphysical powers of these crystals. That said, here are some meditative stones that can activate the higher chakras:
- Azurite, which clears the mind and helps you to access inner wisdom in your state of meditation
- Celestite, which supports the transition from the beginning of your meditation to a more peaceful state
- Amethyst, which is a crown chakra stone that gives off calming vibes to help enhance intuition
- Labradorite, which deepens your concentration to help raise your level of consciousness
- Lapis lazuli, which is beneficial for enhancing awareness and inner truth when you meditate
Incorporating these stones into your daily meditation can bring about many benefits. When this is something that has been practiced for thousands of years, you can rest assured that it’s more than just a passing trend. It has, in fact, become a huge part of the therapeutic and wellness industry.
The love for these stones goes beyond their physical appearance. It is their ability to bring about healing and foster positive energy that people really value. It is extremely important for you to know which particular stone is right for your intended purpose. Once you have chosen the right crystal, be persistent in using it to boost the benefits you can get out of meditation.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from psychology, to all sorts of disciplines such as science and news.