Have you ever witnessed a condition of pain, blisters, ulcers, pain while urinating, cold sores etc in your genital area? Not only genital area, but this condition can also be witnessed on other parts of the body, on the skin, the outer region of your genital area etc. This medical condition is known as herpes. Herpes is a disease that is caused because of the Herpes Simplex Virus.
Basically, the condition of herpes is a contagious situation. In case you are in association with a person who suffers from herpes, you can be on the verge of acquiring this condition. But there is a silver lining to this situation. The diseases are not passed on by mere touch. It passes on due to the following reasons:
- Having sex with the person suffering from herpes.
- Sharing their sex toys.
- Having genital contact with that person.
Thus, the condition of herpes is passed onto another person from the lining of the anus or the mouth. Here, we will acquaint you with some unknown facts about herpes, home remedies for herpes and other treatment options.
Facts About Herpes
- The medical condition of Herpes is divided into two types that are HSV-1 ( in reference with oral herpes) and HSV-2 (in regards with genital herpes)
- If you are doing oral sex with someone, make sure to notice the condition of blisters around the mouth. If you have oral sex with someone who has got cold sores, you are vulnerable to herpes.
- It has been recorded that in the U.S. around 50 percent of people suffer from the condition of HSV-1.
- Secondly, people between the age of 14 to 49, 14 percent people suffer from HSV-2, in the U.S.
- There is a belief that you can get herpes by using toilet seats. Let me break the bubble for you. No one can get attacked by genital herpes using a toilet seat.
Since we are well-versed with the facts of the medical condition of herpes, let us move ahead and unveil some of the treatments to cure this condition.
Home Remedies For Herpes And Other Treatment Options
Home Remedies For Herpes
There are many effective remedies are there for treating herpes. Out of which apple cider vinegar, tea bags, hydrogen peroxide, aloe vera and turmeric, ice pack are most famous one.
The condition of herpes cannot be cured with any medication. You can only prevent it from spreading in your body by consuming some medication. Often doctors prescribe acyclovir, which is an antiviral. The antiviral protects the virus from multiplying in the body. It further helps in reduction of inflammation and clearing up the outbreak. Medication is the first step in the diagnosis of HSV.
Episodic Treatment And Suppressive Treatment
Episodic treatment is prescribed to all those people who get recurrences maximum 6 times a year. A five-day course of antivirals is prescribed before the recurrence of herpes.
Suppressive treatment is prescribed to all those patients who get these recurrences more than 6 times a year. In such condition, the doctor prescribes the patient to consume the medicine on a regular basis, so that the multiplication of the virus does not take place because of several recurrences.
In a nutshell, all those people suffering from Herpes are recommended to have sexual intercourse with protection. Go ahead and live your life, but take care and swallow those medications.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.