Ah, true love! One of the most desired things in life, aside from money and fame, perhaps, is true love. Everyone strives to find it; everyone wants to find their better half, their soulmate, someone to share a life with. Finding a worthwhile relationship might come easy to some, but others, the more unfortunate ones, need to learn how to avoid making the same mistakes, how to overcome the fears they live with on a daily basis, how to keep up motivation after failure and so on. It sounds complicated, right? Well, it can be, and it does take a lot out of you, but once you’ve started down the right path, you can be sure that the journey will be worthwhile and you will find what you’re looking for. You just have to keep a few things in mind.
- Love is something that is truly fundamentally important to us, but the issues and misunderstandings it comes with can be overwhelming and sooner than later we find ourselves lost. Ego, fear and emotional insecurities come first and cause the biggest problems of all. This is where you have to start. You have to liberate yourself from these unnecessary mental restraints if you want to overcome the obstacles that might prevent you from building the foundations of a strong and healthy relationship. You must overcome neediness, the constant seeking for validation from your partner, and the dependency that gradually grows as the relationship deepens. These are so-called “relationship killers”. One has to be confident and happy with one self before even allowing someone else in.
- Remember: you have to be true to yourself and love yourself for what you are; once you’ve achieved that, others will start to see and appreciate the real you. You must never forget to remind yourself what really makes you happy, what makes you sad, what exhilarates you and what “pushes your buttons”. Don’t hide these things. These “things” are the building blocks of your personality and personality is what we fall in love with once we’ve passed the “physical attraction” part. The one you’re meant to be with will know all these things about you as well and will love you BECAUSE of these traits, not IN SPITE OF THEM. Never allow yourself, or anyone else, for that matter, to change who you are; never allow anyone to suffocate your passions and turn you into something “more suitable”. Your true love will love you for who you are.
- Another very important thing to remember is that appearance does matter. You have to take care of yourself and appreciate your inner and outer beauty. Men find attractive women more appealing and not everyone has the time orthe patience to build the “friendship foundation” first so that the “sparks of love” can start flickering later. If you want someone to like you off the bat, you have to look good. Try to stay healthy, exercise, hydrate your body and smile as much as possible. The aura of confidence and strength will surely land you a “hunk”. If you want to land a hunk, you have to hunk up a bit yourself.
- The accent on confidence cannot be overstated. Confidence makes all the difference in the world. You have to be confident that you are meant to find THE ONE. Let’s start with that. If you believe that you deserve to be with someone that will love and respect you for who you are, you’ll find him sooner or later. He might be your best friend, the guy standing in line in front of you in the bank, your neighbor. You never know. Yet if you let insecurity or timidity take over, you could miss the chance of a lifetime. Let them notice you. Let them see you and once they do, they won’t be able to take their eyes off you. Remember: loving yourself comes first; loving someone else comes second.
- Research has shown that men are more attracted to strong, confident women, rather than the introverts. If you want to draw someone’s attention or strike up a conversation with someone, you have to be open and engaging, you have to smile and be friendly. Overcoming the restraints of the mind can be a tough task, but once you achieve it, nothing will stand in your way. Lasting relationships are born from pure and unrestrained interaction. It might seem frightening going up to someone and striking up a conversation, but it’s less frightening than the very thought that you could miss out on a great, long-term relationship with someone just because you lacked the confidence and the courage to utter a simple “Hi!”. Think about it. It doesn’t take much. Try to smile as much as possible. Choose to be happy. Be ambitious. Be strong. Love yourself and true love will find its way home.