Chiropractic refers to a type of healthcare which focuses on the connection between the body’s
Chiropractic refers to a type of healthcare which focuses on the connection between the body’s structure, mainly the spine, and function. Chiropractic doctors, also known as a chiropractor or chiropractic physician, make use of hands-on therapy (also referred to as adjustment or manipulation) as their primary clinical procedure.
Key Points Relating To Chiropractic Care:
- Chiropractic is most commonly used for treating musculoskeletal issues such as problems with joints, bones, muscles and connective tissue, also known as tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
- Researched studies are inconclusive about the efficiency and quality of chiropractic treatment for lower back pain. However, the consensus is that conventional medical treatments and chiropractic treatment are equally helpful when it comes to lower back pain.
- Risks associated with complications arising from chiropractic adjustment for treating the low back are very low. However, the risk is higher for adjustments made to the neck area.
- It is essential to notify all your healthcare providers of any treatments that you are undergoing or planning to do, including chiropractic treatment. This will ensure that every provider is familiar with all aspects of your healthcare to work in unison.
What is the meaning of Chiropractic?
The word “chiropractic” is a blend of the Greek words “cheir” meaning hand, and “praxis” meaning action, and this refers to “done by hand.” A Chiropractor in Massapequa can provide an alternate medical practice, offering a different approach from traditional medicine in relation to making a diagnosis, classifying the issue and providing treatment for medical conditions.
The elementary concepts of chiropractic can be described as:
- The body’s powerful self-healing ability.
- The close relation between your body’s structure (principally the spine) and function and how it can affect your health.
- Chiropractic therapy is given with the main purpose of normalizing the affiliation of the body’s structure and function to assist with the body’s healing process.
Lower Back Pain Chiropractic Treatment
Lower back pain is a natural medical condition which is affecting up to one-quarter of our population annually. Most people experience severe back pain at least once in their lifetime. Several studies revealed that in most cases, acute lower back pain would improve in several weeks irrespective of the method of treatment used. Most often, the cause of back pain is unfamiliar, and it can vary significantly in terms of how individuals experience it and how professionals diagnose it. This makes it a difficult medical condition to study effectively. When you receive treatment from a chiropractor, he may choose to perform one or more adjustments.
A manipulation treatment is a manual therapy which is delivered by the hands. Being performed mainly to the spine, chiropractic adjustments encompass applying a sudden and controlled force to a joint. They are performed to increase the quality and range of motion in the area that received treatment. Other healthcare professionals such as sports medicine doctors, physical therapists, orthopaedists, physicians, naturopathic medicine doctors, osteopathic medicine doctors, and massage therapists can perform different types of manipulation and in the United States chiropractors do over ninety percent of manipulative treatments.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.