You can take this seriously or with a dose of humor, but your relationship afterwards will be better than ever. This has been a learning experience for me and now, I’m sharing it with you. This is what I learned about marriage from a divorced woman.
This woman got divorced after 7 years of married life.
In her experience she has come to see a lot of key points in the concept of marriage. This is what she said to me:
The responsibility of making a relationship work is shared by men and women. For all the things I’ve said about husbands there is a point for wives too.
1.Try to see the best in him all the time. Don’t look only the negative things in him, but instead try to ignore them and focus on the things you like about him.
2. Have sexual relations on a regular basis. It’s simple – have sex with your husband as much as possible. Once, an older women gave me this advice to make love with my husband even when I’m not in the mood.
Making love is like a drug that heals the wounds we cause to each other during marriage. If you feel distanced from your partner that indicates it is a time for some romance. And let me tell you Janice was right when she gave me this advice!
3. Don’t be ashamed to ask help from someone experienced. Sometimes when we are emotional, it is not possible for us to make the right choice. The best thing to do is to ask for advice from someone that has experience. You could ask for an opinion from someone your own age, but the advice from an older woman is much better.
4. Let him rest sometimes. Don’t be afraid, he is not ignoring you, man sometimes have timeouts in their head. Let them have that time out and chill a bit. It is healthy for your relationship.
5. Do not try to change him, it is not your responsibility to make him a better person. We are all living our own life the way our mindset is set to do, and no one can change that. If you do try to change him you will only cause a conflict. He simply has a different mindset, so let it go.
6. Support him all the time by giving him compliments about how strong and smart he is. Man often forget these things, and there is no better person to remind them of this than their wives. Remind them of this and they will appreciate it.
7. Don’t ever think that your man did not choose you. Never forget that this man chose you. He picked you for a reason, don’t take it for granted.
8. Laugh when he makes a joke. It is very positive to laugh at his jokes, even if they are not funny. Man want to be funny and interesting for their girl. Sometimes they aren’t, but since they were interesting enough for you to marry them, the least you can do is laugh on the rare occasions when their joke is dumb.
9. Nobody else but us is responsible for our own actions. We are responsible for our actions regardless of our emotional state. Emotions can’t be an excuse for the actions we take. Count to ten before you do anything.
10. Make him his favorite meal. It won’t hurt you to surprise him with his favorite meal!
11. Support him when he needs it. Give him support when he needs it, be gentle and give him comfort in his hard times.
13. Love him the way he wants to be loved. Don’t just love him, find out which way he wants to be loved and love him that way. He only understands this kind of love.
14. Be pretty for him. Find the time to be as feminine as you can, this way you will remind him that he is a man.
15. Be there for him. Men also need attention, not only women. Give him your time when he needs it and listen to him.
16. Worst mistake women make: talking about other men. Never talk about other men. Even if it is a fictional character from a movie or TV show. Never talk about other men even if you compare him with someone else. Most of the times, men are already thinking they are better than anyone else. By comparing them with someone else you will only confuse them. Men simply don’t like hearing you talk about other men.
17. Give him room to breathe. Do not pressure him, let him have some time of his own. We all need that!
18. Don’t bring up old mistakes he did! Do not bring up old fights and mistakes he did. This is simply not cool. If you are still together after he did you wrong it means you have resolved the issue and you are over that. If you are not over it, find the time to talk about it calmly. Don’t wait for another fight to bring it up!
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from psychology, to all sorts of disciplines such as science and news.