In agreement with the World Health Organization, corpulence is one of the most demanding issues over the globe. Over 1.9 billion individuals around the world are overweight. 95% of patients endure from adiposity caused by intemperate calorie absorption and poor consumption. The remaining 5% of patients endure from symptomatic corpulence that’s ordinarily based on endocrine maladies. The fight against the primary type may be a worldwide issue. So specialists develop new effective approaches for corpulence treatment taking into account patients’ physical features. According to the Bookimed reports, weight loss surgery in Turkey is the most common request among others regarding excess fat disposal. This country is especially popular for obese treatment due to conservative surgical methods use and reasonable prices.Weight loss surgery can also be affordable in America, consult BMCC for gastric sleeve cost options.
Weight loss surgery is a type of gastrointestinal operation based on stomach size elimination and, as a result, calorie consuming and absorption. Bariatric procedures help overweight people lose a lot of extra pounds, get rid of or avoid obese-related conditions like diabetes, high arterial blood pressure, etc. There are different interventional methods of morbidly obese people treatment. In this article, we describe only the key ones.Bariatric surgery procedures and their benefitsы
Stomach sleeve resection (gastric gastrectomy)
This surgical method is recognized as the most common type of morbid obesity therapy nowadays. Conducting the operation, a surgeon eliminates the stomach size and makes it look like a sleeve. As a result, the amount of consumed food decreases significantly and a person gets rid of the gross habit of body. The gastric sleeve lasts approximately 2 hours. The effectiveness of the procedures is measured by the 50-60% weight loss. However, this surgical method is nonreversible.
The stomach bypass operation is the second most frequently performed surgical type of the fight against obeseness. During the bypass procedure, a bariatric doctor cuts off the stomach part and makes a ventricle, so food directly penetrates the small intestine. Correspondingly, a person’s meals are limited as he/she cannot eat a lot of food at one sitting. The bypass lasts 1.5-2 hours. A patient stays in the hospital for 2-4 days and returns to the common lifestyle after that. This surgical method is effective enough; a person loses 60-70% of excess weight. The stomach bypass surgery is reversible, so a patient can get back the previous organ condition.
The gastric banding is more rarely carried out weight loss operation compared to gastric sleeve and bypass procedures. The key point of the gastric band is changing the organ size with a silicone cuff or gastric band put on the upper part of the stomach. The bandage diminishes the gastric cavity, decelerates the food moving through it, and makes a person feeling of a full belly. Short longevity is the main pros of the gastric band compared with other bariatric surgery procedures. This kind of operation takes an hour. In 100% of cases, the bandage procedure is reversible. People can lose up to 50% of the overweight. Nonetheless, this surgical method is not available in each bariatric clinic, so a patient should specify this information before the treatment start.
Places for bariatric treatments
Weight loss clinics are located in every corner of the world. Nevertheless, bariatric tourism boosts in its popularity. Why? The cost of adiposity treatment in some countries is prohibitive. It’s a key reason why thousands of patients visit other countries to get rid of the excess fat. Among the most budget variants are Asian countries — Turkey, India, and Thailand. The prices for obesity interventions in these states are 3-4 times lower than in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK. Moreover, medical facilities provide luxury services and give their patients to combine treatment with a great vacation.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.