Ketogenic diets have become very popular nowadays due to the effective and easy weight loss it provides. It has originated from the Ketosis process our body goes through, on the consumption of rich proteins and healthy fats. The human body naturally went through this process during prehistoric times when consumption depended on freshly picked, caught, or prepared diets. Modern-day cultivations have introduced artificial sweeteners to preserve food for more extended periods; hence, our carbohydrate intake has increased. So, before you plan your keto diet, you should educate yourself on its advantages and disadvantages.
TYPES OF KETOGENIC DIETS
Keeping in mind the effect the diet has on the human body, keto diets have been classified in the following categories:
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD): This diet includes periods of higher-carb refeeds, which means 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high carb days.
- Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD): It has high-fat, moderate- protein, and very low carb. It contains 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5 % carbs.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet (HKD): This is a low-carb, moderate-protein, high-fat diet. It includes 5% carbs, 35% protein, and 60% fat, 35% protein. This diet has higher protein content than the standard ketogenic diet.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: This diet allows you to intake carbs around workouts
The Standard (SKD) and High Protein (HKD) are the most recommended diets. Cyclical and targeted diets are primarily followed by athletics, as these two are more advanced ketogenic diets.
ADVANTAGES OF KETO DIET
Some of the most important benefits provided by the ketogenic diets are:
- Helps in weight loss
- Might Improve heart health
- Might protect brain functions
- Reduce seizures potentially
- May reduce the risk of specific types of cancers
- Improves PCOS symptoms
- Reduces acne
DISADVANTAGES OF KETOGENIC DIET
The Keto diet has its own set of risks that one needs to be well aware of as it,
- Keto Flu
- May cause kidney stones
- May affect bone health
- May significantly reduce blood sugar level
- May cause nutrient deficiencies
Increasing certain health risks to get some other health benefits can never lead to a healthy body. Keto diets result in drastic changes in the body, which might be difficult for some to adapt to. Keto diet pills like KetoGuru assists the body while it goes through Ketosis. It reduces food and sweet cravings, headaches, concentration issues, and makes the ketosis process lighter by increasing metabolic activities with no adverse side effects.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF KETO DIETS?
- Keep a check on your Ketonesthrough glucose meter or keto sticks. A glucose meter is the most accurate tool to measure ketones, but it is expensive compared to keto sticks.
- Count your carbohydrates and avoid foods with hidden carbohydrates like milk, breaded meats, yogurt. Restrict your consumption to a maximum of 59 grams of carbohydrates.
- Drink plenty of water
- Eating high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diets will improve your gut health, which is essential for the proper functioning of every system of your body. Processed foods contain carbs, which affect your gut microbiome.
- Maintain a proper sleep cycle.
- Batch cooking of keto diet meals helps you not miss lunch or dinner because you have to prepare them.
- Exercise frequently
- Try intermittent fasting
- Clear your kitchen from sugar and carbohydrate-laden food like cakes, sodas, candies, pasta. Ensuring that you only have access to healthy keto foods is essential to maintaining a healthy keto diet.
- Include green vegetables, onions, tomatoes, and peppers in your diet.
- Avoid all types of root vegetables and fruits except berries.
- Eat fatty fish like tuna, salmon, and trout and meats like red meat, chicken, ham, and steak.
- Avoid legumes, grains, or starches.
- People are often discouraged from maintaining the diet because of the number of homemade meals to prepare. So, keep some keto snacks like pre-cooked bacon, beef jerky, and hard-boiled eggs.
- When visiting restaurants, order eggs and bacon as breakfast, Salads with olive oils, and vinegar dressings. For dinner, you can have a meat-rich meal and include green vegetables instead of potatoes.
A Keto diet is an effective way to lose weight and focus on creating a healthy lifestyle as it allows you to maintain a calorie deficit. If you cannot cope with the drastic changes initially, take anti adverse effects keto diet pills to achieve the best results.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from psychology, to all sorts of disciplines such as science and news.