Carl Jung is a deep philosophical thinker who examined all aspects of the self when writing about the human experience. He was clear on the notion that we are spiritual beings. Having a spiritual relationship with oneself truly helps us to understand the deeper aspects of who we truly are.
To some people, this idea translates to religion, finding solace in the existence of something greater than yourself. My opinion is that this is a fickle form of spirituality that does not truly help a person get to the core of who they are (or, alternatively, who they are not).
“Carl Jung was one of the creators of modern depth psychology, which seeks to facilitate a conversation with the unconscious energies which move through each of us. He contributed many ideas which continue to inform contemporary life:complex, archetype, persona, shadow, anima and animus, personality typology, dream interpretation, individuation, and many other ideas. He had a deep appreciation of our creative life and considered spirituality a central part of the human journey” says www.cgjungpage.org.
This summation of Carl’s life and work connects deeply to what Collective Evolution is all about. After putting together the quotes in this article, I gained an even deeper appreciation for Carl Jung and his work, since I uncovered the conscious themes that were apparent throughout his teachings and shadow archetype.
Here are 20 quotes from Jung that serve as an accurate representation of his work, and also provide much to reflect on.
20 Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Better Understand Yourself:
1.“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
2. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
3. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
4. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
5. ”One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious.”
6. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
7. “Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise you won’t meet the one who’s coming.”
8. “If you are a gifted person, it doesn’t mean that you gained something. It means you have something to give back.”
9. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
10. “Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”
11. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
12. “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.”
13. “Depression is like a woman in black. If she turns up, don’t shoo her away. Invite her in, offer her a seat, treat her like a guest and listen to what she wants to say.”
14. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.”
15. “Your perception will become clear only when you can look into your soul.”
16. “Everything about other people that doesn’t satisfy us helps us to better understand ourselves.”
17. “What you resist, persists.”
18. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
19. “We may think that we fully control ourselves. However, a friend can easily reveal something about us that we have absolutely no idea about.”
20. “A dream is a small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens up to that primeval cosmic night that was the soul, long before there was the conscious ego.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.