The aura is a bio energetic field made up of subtle vibrations (thus colors) that surrounds our bodies. The aura is the reflection of our inner energetic state (primarily dependent on the activity of the chakras, so through observation of the colors of the aura, one can tell of the mental, physical and spiritual state the person is and set a very precise diagnosis.
The aura serves as a shield against external energetic vibrations as well as a means through which we communicate with the energies of other people, animals, plants, or in short, the environment.
The existence of the aura has been acknowledged since ancient times, but it hasn’t been until recently that scientists found a way to detect and understand the aura just as spiritualists always have.
What does the aura look like?
A healthy aura is usually seen as an oval sphere of energy surrounding the body. It is made up of seven layers each serving as a vibratory image of the different aspects we are made of. Its size depends on our physical, mental and emotional states – the healthier they are, the bigger the aura is.
Each layer of the aura is a reflection of a different aspect of our being. They vibrate at different frequencies and hold different information.
- The first layer is known as the etheric aura. This field vibrates closely to our body and it holds information about our physical state and it vibrates at 1¼ – 2 inches from our body.
- The second layer is the emotional layer of the aura. It extends about 1 to 3 inches from our body and its vibration is dependent on our emotions and feelings.
- The third, or mental layer of the aura can extend anywhere from 3 to 8 inches from the body. It reflects our ideas, thoughts and mental processes.
- The astral layer is the fourth layer of the aura and it spreads out about one foot. It represents a bridge to our spiritual realm.
- The fifth layer, known as the etheric template, extends about two feet outward. It is called the etheric template because it contains a blueprint that contains all the forms of the physical world.
- The sixth layer is the celestial aura. It extends up to two and a half feet. This layer is connected to the spiritual realm.
- The seventh layer is called the ketheric template, which extends to over three feet. This field surrounds all the other inner fields and holds them together. It vibrates at the highest frequencies and it reflects all the experiences and events our souls have gone through. It is the link to the Divine and becoming one with the universe.
Only the most practiced and ready mind can see and communicate with all the layers of the aura. The higher the layer, the more subtle the energetic vibration is, which means it is more difficult to be perceived.
How can YOU see the aura?
The third eye is an energetic system which allows us to gaze into the subtle vibrations and energies around us and beyond. Its main ‘organ’ is the brow chakra[hyperlink].
By energizing and charging this chakra, you can open your abilities to see the subtle colors of other people’s and your aura. It also takes a lot of practice and patience, but the prerequisite is a good functioning brow chakra.
Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to start seeing the aura:
- Have your brow chakra open, balanced and charged.
- Ask a volunteer for some of their time and patience. They need to be willing to let you see their aura (as it is easier to see it that way).
- Have the person stand in front of a white wall and start staring at their brow chakra (the point between the eyebrows) for some time. Try not to blink.
- At first, a white line will start appearing around the head, neck and shoulders. Don’t turn your eyes to it, as it will disappear! The brain functions in a way that it erases (or creates blind spots) all things it is not accustomed to perceiving.
- The white line will start to become thicker and thicker until you start seeing a white halo around the person’s head and shoulders – you’ve started seeing the subtle energy around the person, but not entirely!
- Slowly turn your attention to the crown region of the head and stay there. The field will grow larger as you gaze longer.
- You may start seeing certain colors – this is the first step to seeing the aura.
Don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t work at first. The brain will not let you see things it is not used to. It simply erases them as if they do not exist.
This exercise will help you train your brain to getting accustomed to seeing the subtle vibrations. Nature has given us all that we need to see the auras of everything around us (yes, it is not only humans that have auras, and you can also practice seeing the aura of a large tree – it is very easy!).
What is the meaning of the colors you see?
Each color is a certain vibration that gives off information about the person’s state. Here is a list of some colors and their meaning:
RED: It relates to the physical body, heart or circulation. Deep red can reflect a person who is grounded, realistic, active, and with a strong will-power. Muddy red stands for anger, anxiety or nervousness, money worries or obsessions.
ORANGE: It is the color of vitality, vigor, good health and excitement. A person with lots of energy and stamina, creative, productive, adventurous, courageous. One can also experience stress related to appetite and addictions.
YELLOW: It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence, creativity, playfulness and optimism.
GREEN: It represents growth and balance, and most of all, something that leads to change. It stands for love of people, animals, nature.
BLUE: A communicative, caring, loving and a person who loves to help others.
INDIGO: An intuitive, sensitive and a person who can see the bigger picture.
VIOLET: Psychic power, attunement with self, intuition, vision. An idealistic and artistic person.
BLACK: Indicates long-term un-forgiveness collected in a specific area of the body. Lack of vital energy in certain areas which leads to health problems. Also, entities within a person’s aura, chakras or body.
WHITE: Purity and truth.
Rainbows: A healer or a starperson (someone who is in the first incarnation on Earth).