Improving our relationships, both romantic and otherwise, building a successful career, climbing the social ladder, and being satisfied with our lives require hard work and a great amount of patience. Undoubtedly, this is what we all want to achieve and one of the world’s leading psychologists has revealed 21 rules that will help us succeed in that.
Dr. Mikhail Litvak is a Russian psychologist and psychotherapist. He’s also written more than 30 books on the popular and practical psychology. According to him, it is essential to have a good insight into your surroundings as well as yourself. He also suggests that your success and happiness are determined by how you live your life.
He lists down 21 rules that will help you enhance your relationships and live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Here they are:
1. Don’t chase happiness because you won’t find it in other people and material things – it’s in YOU. Learn to develop your abilities and reflect back on your achievements because that’s the only road to happiness.
2. If you’re satisfied with yourself and you know you’re good, smart, and worthy, you won’t find it necessary that other people think or say the same things about you.
3. If you want something really bad, don’t wait around and don’t ask for someone’s permission to have or do it. Make sure you’re the one who have control over that.
4. A mature person possesses knowledge and knows how to put it in action. An immature one often has knowledge but doesn’t know how to wisely and effectively use it so as to achieve what they want and better themselves. That’s why, immature people criticize others and the mature ones don’t.
5. Make sure you plan your actions and organize your life well and happiness will follow as a result.
6. Nobody throws away another person from their life. They only move forward faster than others and those that are left behind consider themselves rejected.
7. It’s impossible to please every single person. Trying to do so will only make you feel uncomfortable and emotionally drained.
8. If someone did you a favor and helped you and they’re trying to make you feel guilty or grateful for that, make sure you pay off their services and let go of them.
9. Someone who doesn’t have any good qualities and accomplishments of their own will inevitably start criticizing and speaking bad things about others.
10. Depression is horrible, harmful, and hard, no doubt. Yet, it enables you to look into the depths of your soul, think about yourself, and realize the things that are pushing you forward or pulling you back.
11. Talking to your friends and all the people you hold dear is nice and fun. On the other hand, talking to your enemies is useful. It makes you become more aware of your flaws and bad habits. It helps you learn new things about yourself.
12. If you enjoy daydreaming, then make sure you only fantasize about goals and dreams that can be achieved. Keep your dreams real because otherwise, you’ll lose your focus and get frustrated if you fail to achieve an unrealistic goal.
13. Spending your time reading a good book is always better and more beneficial for you than talking with a shallow person.
14. Don’t dig into other people’s lives. Instead, dig into something you’ll benefit from, such as science and philosophy.
15. If you want to find out who your greatest enemy is, just look in the mirror. Once you face him/her, all the other enemies will be defeated as well.
16. There will always be those who will criticize and insult you. Yet, you shouldn’t pay attention to it. Remember that the day you finally accomplish your goals, all the criticisms and insults won’t mean anything to you. They’ll simply vanish.
17. There’s only one reason why you should quit your job and end your relationships, be that emotional or otherwise, – the inability to grow personally and professionally.
18. If you experience loneliness after a break – up, don’t take this as a negative thing. It means you’re growing emotionally and spiritually. Moreover, it enhances your productivity.
19. There’s no such thing as feminine or masculine logic. There’s only the ability to be wise and think rightly.
20. Your happiness grows when you share it with other people and make them happy. Share your joy with your enemies, too, and let them know you feel better than them.
21. Last but not least, learn to live for yourself by not feeling the need to constantly prove yourself to other people. Otherwise, you’ll spend your life living for others.
Riley Cooper is a professional writer who writes informative and creative articles on topics related to various fields of study. Written with love and enthusiasm, her articles inspire readers to broaden their knowledge of the world, think and get ready to act. If you have a general question or comment please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible https://curiousmindmagazine.com/contact-us/