Every man dreads the onset of erectile dysfunction but did you know that there are ways to avoid it? In the following article, we will be covering:
- Some of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction
- What you can do if you are already suffering from erectile dysfunction
- Some of the supplements that might be able to help with erectile dysfunction
- What to watch out for if you intend to shop for erectile dysfunction supplements
- What untreated erectile dysfunction can lead to and why it can be dangerous
- 9 tips to help you avoid the condition altogether
Understanding Erectile Dysfunction And What Causes It?
Erectile dysfunction is defined as a urological condition. The condition is characterized by an inability to achieve or maintain an erection that is firm enough for sexual activity. Erectile dysfunction (or ED) affects an estimated 30 million men in the United States, making it one of the most common male sexual issues. To avoid this, you can try and look for trusted urologists, if ever you’re in the area searching for help like ed treatment Costa Mesa, ca, will help you tons in the long run!”
But what causes ED in the first place? Unfortunately, there are a lot of answers to that question. A lot of times, the problem is physical. But the best testosterone booster for men would be able to help.
An erection is a matter of blood flow mostly, so a lack of blood flow to the penis may be the culprit. Other times the problem is psychological. Depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and even mild stress can be enough to make you lose interest in sex and make it difficult to become aroused.
Other times, it’s genetics, lack of testosterone production, medications, medical conditions, and lifestyle choices. For instance, excessive alcohol consumption could make it hard to achieve an erection when the time comes, or it could simply inhibit sexual desire.
Why ED Can Be Dangerous?
ED can be dangerous because it could be a harbinger of more serious issues. For instance, the prostate plays a role in erections. If you cannot achieve an erection, there could be something wrong with your prostate.
ED can also be telling of an underlying psychological issue that may spur depression and anxiety. Simply having ED may be enough to make a man feel shameful and affect other areas of his life. In short, ED needs to be talked about with a doctor, whether it happens here and there or all the time.
Avoiding ED With 9 Tips
The good news is that there are ways to avoid this condition. Here are 9 tips you can try out right now to avoid ED:
1. Be mindful of meds – Be sure to talk to your doctor about any medications he/she may want to put you on – particularly if they can affect your sexual functions. Powerful meds may harm your sexual functions. But the best testosterone booster for men may be able to fix.
2. Avoid steroids – Make sure that any workout supplements you are taking don’t contain hormones or steroids as these substances can cause erectile complications.
3. Maintain oral hygiene – Studies have revealed a link between gum disease and ED having to do with the bacteria in the gums and the immune response to it. For this reason, an effective way to avoid erectile dysfunction may be to keep up with a good oral hygiene regimen. Floss daily, brush at least twice a day, use an antiseptic mouthwash, and see your dentist at least twice a year.
4. Don’t overindulge – Drinking too much can kill your sexual appetite and make it difficult to achieve or maintain an erection. Drinking may only cause a temporary inability to achieve and maintain an erection, but habit drinking can make the problem much more frequent. Plus, excessive drinking is simply bad for the body and the brain.
5. Exercise as you age – Testosterone levels are heightened during exercise whether you’re old or young, but it is even more important to stay active as you get older because older age is when you are more susceptible to low testosterone production. Cardio and weight training exercises are excellent for testosterone production. The benefits of yoga also cannot be understated.
6. Keep laptops off your lap – We know they’re called laptops for a reason, but they generate heat that is bad for your testicles and can decrease testosterone production. Try using your laptop on a desk or placing it further down your legs near your knees if at all possible. There are also special pillows with a solid top surface that you can use as a buffer between your laptop and your lap.
7. Avoid excessive sexual activity – Being unable to perform in one instance could be the effect of over-exerting yourself in another instance, so try to keep sexual activity on a necessary level.
8. Practice yoga – The benefits of yoga are vast, but one of the most important benefits is stress management. Stress is one of the most common causes of low libido and, in turn, erectile dysfunction. Not only is yoga very good for your body, but it can also help you healthfully manage stress from work, school, family, and other life obligations.
9. Use healthy supplements – Not all testosterone supplements work. It’s best to carefully examine the ingredients in the formula and talk to your doctor about them. Read reviews of male enhancement supplements to get a gauge of how they have worked for others. Read Maasalong reviews and reviews of other products like it to get you started.
Your best weapon against ED is simply being aware and mindful. Be mindful of the meds you are taking. Read Maasalong reviews and reviews of products like it to know how a supplement may affect you. Also, be aware of how much stress you are under.
There is a lot that can cause ED, but if you stay mindful about things, you have a great shot at avoiding it.
Sophia Anthony is a freelance writer and blogger, covering health and fitness topics through visual representation. She is very passionate about general health and beauty. Apart from work she likes dancing and listening to music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Instagram.
Speaks from heart, always too passionate and driven by emotions. Spins the words with kindness & sharpness, intriguing your ever-inscrutable minds.