Carpet cleaning is one of the easiest ways to get your home looking spic and span. Usually, the carpet cleaning company claims to be the best, but are they?
What do they do that’s worth the money and time spent? Why pay a lot more for a service that won’t make any difference?
This blog covers different aspects of carpet cleaning, including information on preferred things to clean your carpet and step-wise cleaning steps. If you have a new carpet or want to get rid of stains and odors, this blog is for you!
Things to Consider for Carpet Cleaning
Think about these things when cleaning your carpet. And do not do the things that are not recommended by expert carpet cleaners. Check the list below.
- Clean your carpet only with your hands. And don’t even think about using a shop vacuum cleaner. There are special cleaners designed for cleaning carpets, and they work very well at getting out all the dirt, debris, and allergens in the carpet.
- You have to make sure the cleaned area is well ventilated. Using a fan or an air conditioner will help, but having plenty of open space around the cleaned area will help keep dust and debris from settling back into the carpet.
- Keep the surface you’re cleaning as cool as possible. This may prevent the carpet fibers from stretching too much when wet. It is especially true when washing with a liquid shampoo.
- After cleaning the surface, always blot the carpet thoroughly with a clean white towel. If you let any of the dirty water remain on the rug for too long, it can leave spots behind, which you’ll have to clean out.
- Make sure to follow up with good vacuuming to remove the loose dirt that has settled back onto the carpet. Don’t forget to vacuum under the furniture, too!
Steps Wise Method for Cleaning the Carpets
You can use the below steps or hire some professional steam carpet cleaners to make your carpet neat, clean, and always new. The basic steps are:
Step 1: Remove All Furniture and Cleaning Supplies
Remove all furniture from the room. Add about 25% vinegar to a bucket of warm water. This will simplify the task and prevent scratches or damage to the carpet.
Be sure to work from top to bottom and left to right. Sprinkle a little salt on the carpet’s surface before wetting it down for smoother cleaning.
Step 2: Vacuum Your Carpet
When it comes to carpet cleaning, vacuuming is often seen as the most effective way to get the job done. However, not all vacuums are created equal when cleaning carpets.
Step 3: Spot Clean Accumulated Dust and Debris
Vacuum cleaners, dusters, or brooms can remove dust and debris on-site. You have to vacuum the area to be cleaned until the dust and debris are removed.
If using a vacuum cleaner, use the crevice tool to remove any particles lodged in the corners and around the edges of furniture. Duster or broom the area to be cleaned until all visible dust and debris is removed.
Step 4: Mop Floorboards and Rugs (if needed)
A mop is a perfect tool for this type of cleaning because it can be easily maneuvered around the room and its broad base prevents it from getting stuck on corners or edges.
Use the above steps and things when thinking to clean your carpets. It will make the cleaning process easier and smoother. Enjoy healthy and happy living with clean carpets.
A professional writer with over a decade of incessant writing skills. Her topics of interest and expertise range from health, nutrition and psychology.