Acne scars are ugly on the skin. They create dark spots leading to frustration and embarrassment trying to get rid of them. Acne is inflammation caused by different factors, like an infection on the skin. It is generally in different stages – either small or big with redhead.
Many people undergo this infection, which reduces the appearance of the affected area. This post will discuss some of the best ways to get rid of acne scars. Basically, the article summarises tips used to get rid of acne. These suggested ways will improve your complexion, keep reading!
Giving them time to heal is the best and easiest way to eliminate acne. The healing process can last 6 to 12 months, and others may take longer. But not many people are patient enough to wait for that long.
The natural healing process will allow the acne to dry off, leaving just the scalp, which is washed off. You can help speed this process by using quality and natural skin care products like anti-acne body wash and a nice toner for your face. Those who can wait will enjoy the effectiveness of this strategy because the acne will eventually fade. (1)
2. Home Remedies
Home remedies are always available for getting rid of acne scars. These remedies are made for different purposes. These remedies include;
- Black seed oil is called Nigella Sativa in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and western Asia. It is used to improve skin pigmentation.
- Rosehip oils are an aging solution that you directly apply to the skin. The application is to reduce discoloration after scars are removed.
- Honey is a popular remedy for acne and other skin problems. The substance helps in the healing process of the wound and reduces future scarring.
- Aloe vera is another popular skin care product. You can buy aloe vera gels and products at a store or grow the plant yourself. You can apply the gel or plant juice directly on your skin, but it will have a better effect if mixed with honey to heal wounds and reduce scars.
3. Over-The-Counter Treatments
Over-the-counter medicine also works on acne but not effectively. The treatment is to help fade the acne scars by applying gels, creams, or serums made of retinoids, vitamin C, or glycolic acid. Here are some chemicals used to make over-the-counter products you can get for acne.
- Salicylic acid is a natural ingredient for skin care products. It helps to peel and remove dirt from dry skin. The peeling process improves the skin by reducing swelling and redness in the affected area.
- Retinoids block inflammation, reduce acne lesions and improve cell regeneration.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are applied to improve skin regeneration by reducing the acne appearance. The process reveals the new skin layer by reducing hyperpigmentation caused by scars
4. Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are used to remove acne scars. The method involves injecting dermal fillers into your skin to plump sunken scars. The treatment is only a temporary solution and is expected to be renewed every few months. Here are some popular fillers used in the process.
- Bellafill lasts longer than others because it is made of collagen from cows to improve the skin on the affected area. Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) supports skin regeneration. The process is only available to people above the age of 21.
- Hyaluronic acid is applied to improve the skin contour by reducing depression caused by the scars. However, these fillers have a lesser lasting period which means reinjecting more often than Bellafill.
- Poly-L-lactic acid, also called Sculptra, stimulates collagen production in the skin, improving the skin’s appearance and reducing scars.
- Autologous fat transfer is another method that involves removing fat from the body and injecting it into the acne scars. The amount of fat in the body determines the effectiveness of the procedure. (2)
5. Laser Treatment
Laser treatment is effective for treating acne scars. However, laser treatment is expensive. The process reduces the acne scars’ appearance by focusing light on the acne’s top layer to break the tissue. The treatment also stimulates the growth of new cells, replacing broken tissue. However, the treatment does not eliminate acne entirely but reduces the appearance and pain.
The treatment cannot be completed in a single session. It will require revisits, which may take longer times and different phases. However, people with darker skin, active acne, or wrinkled skin are not qualified for this treatment. A dermatologist is best to advise you on the process before starting the treatment.
The treatment cannot be completed in a single session. It will require revisits, which may take longer times and different phases. Additionally, there are a number of laser treatments that may be appropriate for your situation. Choosing the right treatment option will be one of the most important steps in your laser treatment journey.
Speaks from heart, always too passionate and driven by emotions. Spins the words with kindness & sharpness, intriguing your ever-inscrutable minds.